Saturday, January 28, 2012

Breakfast "Cupcakes"

If you made the Taco "Cupcakes," you may have some leftover wonton wrappers...
(if not, I see you purchasing some more ;)

Why not take the same concept and add some breakfast foods?!

Now, they aren't as wonderful as the Taco "Cupcakes" but they are a quick and easy way to add a little pizazz to your morning eggs and sausage!!


I swear, these wonton wrappers are amazing!

These are the ingredients that I used:
(But be creative and add anything that you think would taste great!)



  • 4 Turkey sausage patties
  • Mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 4 eggs
  • Wonton wrappers
  • Cooking spray
And a few dashes of hot sauce before indulging.
(If I would have had some onion and green pepper, I would have added some of that too!!)


Preheat the oven to 375 and lightly mist the cups in a muffin tin with the cooking spray.
Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the sprayed cups.

Scramble the eggs.

Add the cooked sausage, chopped into little pieces (I cheated and cooked it in the microwave while I was making the eggs).

Add a couple of spoonfuls of the egg and sausage mixture into each cup.


Add a pinch of the shredded cheese on top of that.

Now press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.

All ready for the oven!

Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.

Add a couple dashes of your favorite hot sauce and enjoy!!

Nothing too complex and you can add basically anything your heart desires :)
Just another way to use those amazing wonton wrappers!

9 comments:

  1. THESE LOOK SO YUMMY! i am definitely going to have to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute. I love you taking the idea of the taco cupcakes. Of course, now I'm thinking going full circle and doing a dessert using this concept. Wonton wrappers are so cool. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If these are half as good as the taco cupcakes, then it's a winner. Made the taco cupcakes for super bowl and they were delicious (made one layer in a mini cupcake pan)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this would be good with egg, chicken, salsa, and cheese. We need to call Chick-fil-a with this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all have such great ideas :) Glad you like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any idea how the taco cupcakes or the breadfast cupcakes taste as leftovers, heated up in the microwave. My husband and I are longhaul truck drivers. I cook on the weekend and take food along with us. This looks like something new, and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband took the taco cupcakes to work the next couple of days and he said they were great!! I didn't try the breakfast cupcakes as leftovers, I don't think they would taste as good.

      Delete
  7. Looks like I found Easter morning breakfast! Thanks! Can't wait to try 'em :)

    ReplyDelete

  8. This looks great. I can make some ahead of time and have them for breakfast all week!

    ReplyDelete